Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm in awe! One can actually grill things in the microwave!
I just made one of those Stouffers Corner Bistro paninis, and it actually has grill marks. It didn't have grill marks before I cooked it. I checked. (In case you're wondering, I didn't decide to start blogging because of this new technological advancement-it just happens to be sitting on my desk, so I am writing about it.)

A little about me:

Age: 27
Gender: Male
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Height: 5'10"

No, I'm not reading my driver's license. Hair color and age aren't listed on TN licenses. My God! Am I boring or what? Let's see...I am a liberal who lives in the Bible belt, and works in a county government office. My boss is a Republican. All my co-workers are Republicans. And Baptist. The conservativism in here is palpable.

MR. BIG EYES

Someone asked me today if I really believe in gay rights. (This is someone I work with, not some random person asking random questions of random strangers.) "Of course," I said. "God makes people gay-who are we to take their rights away?" I didn't intend to be poetic, it just came out that way. Anyway, his look of complete shock (shock and awe in the same blog post! (see above)) was priceless. He didn't respond, just walked away. I assume he was speaking of marriage rights for gay people, not voting and free speech.

POLITICS

I guess partly because of my particular affiliations, we don't discuss politics much at work (yes, my boss IS a politician). Well, we don't discuss national politics very much. People who disagree--strongly--on political issues really shouldn't discuss them. I'm pro-choice, for example, while my co-workers are pro-life.

digression- What poor labels those are. Because I'm pro-choice, I should not be thought of as not pro-life. Is not a person who is on the opposite side of an issue from those who are pro-something logically anti-something? I am not anti-life at all. I rather enjoy having life. So, then, shouldn't we call it pro-choice and anti-choice? That's much more accurate. What about anti-freedom?

I'll talk (write, type- whatever) more about my personal politics later.

Right now it's raining like a bitch and I need to get back to work.


snikta

No comments: